Saturday, November 8, 2014

New idea for breakfast and our first taste of the white stuff...

As I've written previously -- incessantly it seems -- it's been hard to get on the horse and stay there.  This morning, I made breakfast for the family that includes cinnamon bread french toast, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and your juice of choice.  I woke up hungry and knew I had to have a snack before I made their breakfast and clean up the kitchen before I could concentrate on what I was going to make for mine.

Thank heavens for a small honeycrisp apple and a tablespoon of Nuttzo.  I decided I either wanted some cheesy egg dish or pancakes made with cottage cheese that I had spotted during the week.  I didn't keep track of where I saw it, so did a quick Google search on my iPhone in the kitchen and found this great blog.  I used the recipe for cottage cheese pancakes and upped the cinnamon to a full teaspoon and used the whole egg.  I had a few strips of bacon leftover from the family breakfast and some tasty raspberries in the fridge.  I also had these single use packets of Nuttzo we received from the company when I participated in the Ragnar Chicago Relay back in June.  This was most tasty and a perfect Saturday morning breakfast.  I may even spring these pancakes on my kids some morning and see what they think.




I've been able to walk every day this week and am currently up to 20 miles, which is a great base for me when I'm running.  I'm planning on keeping this amount of mileage up until I can run again on Christmas Eve.  I should be ready to go by then, and stepping up to speed should hopefully be easier.  Yesterday, we got our first taste of the white stuff.  Thankfully, it didn't stick.  One of my good friends who I run most of my races with gave me a call and asked if she could tag along on for my walk yesterday.  It was great to catch up and chat with someone while walking, even if by the time we got back it was beginning to get very chilly.  I'm going into the weekend feeling accomplished and prepared.  I hope this sticks better than the snow!



No comments:

Post a Comment